Thailand's Thitiphun Chuayprakong remained firmly on course Friday to win his maiden Asian Tour title after opening up a three-shot lead at the end of the penultimate round in the $300,000 Bashundhara Bangladesh Open.
Overnight leader Thitiphun, who held a two-shot advantage heading into the round, carded a six-under-par 65 to maintain his fine form.
He rattled off four straight birdies starting from the third hole before sinking an eagle-three on seven and another birdie on eight to turn in with a sensational 28.
The 23-year-old Thai, however, dropped his first shot in 29 holes after the turn and stumbled with a double-bogey on the 13th.
But he recovered with two birdies on his way home for a three-day total of 17-under-par 196 at the Kurmitola Golf Club in Dhaka.
"I stayed focused out there," Thitiphun said in quotes provided by the organisers.
"I felt very confident. I was a little bit excited when I started out but I played with no pressure. I had fun out there. I just want to keep playing the same tomorrow."
Compatriot Sutijet Kooratanapisan and India's S. Chikkarangappa matched Thitiphun's efforts for the day to share second place on 199.
Gaganjeet Bhullar, also of India, was one shot back in fourth place following a five-under-par 66.
Sutijet, also chasing a breakthrough victory, sank two eagles and four birdies on his round although he also recorded two bogeys.
"I putted really good today. I had two eagles from greenside and it's the first time I had two eagles in a round," he said.
South Korea's Soomin Lee, who held second place overnight, slipped to 13th position after a miserable three-over-par 74.
Leading scores:
196- Thitiphun Chuayprakong (THA) 65-66-65
199- Sutijet Kooratanapisan (THA) 67-67-65; S. Chikkarangappa (IND) 68-66-65
200- Gaganjeet Bhullar (IND) 67-67-66
203 - Shunya Takeyasu (JPN), 64-71-68